Monday, January 31, 2011


If I can be indulged an odd-ass post, sometimes you just need to be reminded of the good times...as I randomly post an "old" picture that I didn't take, (and have no clue how I possess) of a couple luminaries who rattle around these parts now and again. Instead of the good fortune of being at Mile High that day, I was enjoying my ownself in a parallel existence at TD's house. Champ take it to the house on Brady? Yes.

Broncos defeat the Pats at Mile High to go on to the AFC Championship Game back in January of '06. Though that AFC Championship game would ultimately suck...still weird to think the B'cos were a game away from a Super Bowl about 5 years ago.

8 comments:

Heavy Snack said...

Great post. Reading from a snowed in bar in Chicago...that game actually does invoke ultimate positivity. Sweet Elway twins and YB rocking a RAZR? Mile High playoff games rule.

TroutDog said...

Ahhh, those were the days. How come no one had a Plummer jersey on? The Champ pick 6 was awesome and definitely not a fumble touchback.

TroutDog said...

I'm pretty sure I see an antenna on the YB's RAZR....

Young Bear said...

Hell yeah, it was just some flip piece of crap. That white rectangle on the back of the phone was an old-school "I got Broncos Fever" sticker complete with thermometer.

That phone also housed a photo taken that night of the empty-bottled carnage at our feet.

BTW, that picture has been on my fridge since since that fateful night.

I also remember how sorry that AFC Championship Poker tournament was at TD's house.

Sonic Tooth said...

YB - please confirm that the Broncos Fever sticker on yer phone was "puffy". I believe I possess unused versions. Perfect for anything but putting on a modern phone.
What up with the MHV?

I recall that poker game in a very distant clouded memory. Was it sorry because Dahmer won? That always pains me when that happens...
Some other reason?

TroutDog said...

I think the sorriness had more to do with the AFC Championship came than the poker game.

Sonic Tooth said...

Oh that's right we all quit watching the wretched game before halftime to concentrate on hold 'em.

Young Bear said...

Puffy indeed.

MHV has been the casualty in a rather big scheduling/parenting change of mine. Will be back in action soon, just decided to choose sleep for a while...... (BTW-about 95% of the MHV was usually put together between 4-6 AM)

That game was so depressing. Never seen so many 3rd and longs get picked up.